English Proficiency Programme (EPP)
The TAG / LUG English Proficiency Programme (EPP) is a nine month English course designed for students who wish to raise their English language skills for higher academic education.
The nine month programme consists of three terms (9 teaching weeks each and one week dedicated to assessments). Each term covers different topics designed to build language skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
• EPP Term 1 (Elementary level) revises A1 (Beginners’ Level) and takes the student through to A2 (Elementary – Common European Framework (CEF) level).
• EPP Term 2 (Pre-Intermediate level) revises A2 and covers the competencies of half of B1 (Pre-Intermediate - CEF level).
• EPP Term 3 (Intermediate level) completes the remaining competencies of B1 (Intermediate CEF level) and introduces some competences of B2 (Upper-Intermediate CEF level).
Course duration: 22nd January to 14th September (including study breaks after each term).
Learning outcomes: The programme is intended to lead students from elementary level to an intermediate level of English proficiency (an IELTS minimum score of 5.5).
Certification: Upon passing all end-of-term examinations, a certificate of successful completion will be awarded to the student, which grants access into LUG’s foundation programme. Students could also gain direct entry into LUG’s undergraduate programmes - provided they take an IELTS test privately and meet the entry requirements for their programmes of choice.
EPP entry requirements: An elementary level of English, equivalent to a 3.0 IELTS score (which may be obtained from previous IELTS test scores or through a placement test that will be conducted for applicants prior to enrolment), a minimum of D7 WASSCE English score, and below grade 10 baccalaureate (BAC) in English.
• Course books: New Headway English course books.
• Supplementary resource: Face2face English resource pack.
• Deadline for on-campus placement tests: 19th January 2018.
• Course Fee (including text books and learning materials): USD 1,500
For more information about this programme kindly email our Admissions Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +233 (0) 30 274 7700